Gino Cassinis, Rector of Politecnico, established the “Istituto di Calcoli Numerici” (Institute of Numerical Calculus), supported by the Marshall Plan, the U.S. plan assisting the economic recovery of western Europe after WWII. The young Dadda went to the U.S. to supervise the transfer of the first Italian computer, a CRC102A machine equipped with a magnetic drum memory with a capacity of 1024 word of 42-bit. Dadda helped with the construction and the tuning of the computer, in order to make sure that he would operate it in Italy. Companies such as Pirelli, ENI, Macchi, Montecatini, Magneti Marelli, Siemens, Innocenti had access to the machine for applications. The first courses for computer technicians were taught by Dadda in 1954.