The Dipartimento di Elettronica, Informazione e Bioingegneria (DEIB) aims at being a world-class scientific institution committed to forefront research, education, and technology transfer in computer science and engineering, electronics, systems and control, telecommunications, and bioengineering.
The DEIB vision is to promote the quality and the impact of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) on society at the national and international level, by pursuing excellent long-term and interdisciplinary research and by committing to innovation, technology transfer, and education. While it is not easy to predict the future use of information, the next decade will certainly see even more dramatic changes, as ICT will find new ways of pervading people’s lives. In this scenario, the DEIB is grounded on four solid pillars:
- a tradition of excellence in fundamental research, with a clear vision of its role and mission in “inventing the future”;
- an increasing engagement into interdisciplinary research, as required by the ubiquitous presence of information technology into every scientific and technological domain;
- a commitment to teaching in the challenging context of a rapidly evolving discipline, by balancing stable foundational principles with tumultuous changes in models, languages, technologies, and standards;
- a commitment to applied research and to technology and knowledge transfer, through joint research projects with local and international industry and through many spin-off activities.
The DEIB mission targets ambitious research, educational and societal goals:
- To be at the cutting edge of research, generating innovative ideas, gaining international recognition, exploiting the synergy among researchers from different ICT areas.
- To contribute to the European Research Area through collaborations with world‐class institutions.
- To educate talented young professionals with a strong scientific background and problem solving attitude.
- To strengthen collaborations with national and international industrial partners, to support technology transfer of research results and generate spin‐off and start‐up companies.
- To promote a more advanced and technology‐based economic environment.
- To pursue a multidisciplinary approach to methodological and technological problems in all the research fields of interest of the department.
Download the "DEIB Scientific Project