MERLIN (MEchatronics and Robotics Laboratory for INnovation) lab supports research, innovation, and technology transfer activities of the Dipartimento di Elettronica, Informazione e Bioingegneria in the areas of mechatronics, industrial robotics, and motion control.
The main experimental activities of the lab are as follows:
- Advanced motion planning and control of industrial robots;
- Control of the interaction of industrial robots with the environment through force and vision sensors;
- Safe human-robot interaction through presence and distance sensors;
- Active surveillance of robotic cells;
- Control of dual arm robotic manipulators;
- New programming methods for industrial robots based on learning by demonstration;
- Mobile robotic manipulation;
- Trajectory tracking for autonomous vehicles;
- Anti-rollover control for autonomous vehicles;
- Control of motors for various applications (home appliances, computer peripherals);
- Simulation and control of advanced robotic systems (aerial robotic manipulators);
- Advanced simulators of complex mechatronic systems (machine tools, machining centers).