The most agile form of collaboration between the DEIB and external companies and organizations is the consulting contract. The 194 permanent DEIB researchers and their short-time collaborators are frequently engaged in such consulting activities, in a wide variety of fields of Information and Communication Technology. Typical examples of the consulting tasks accomplished by DEIB comprise:
- the control of technological processes, the identification of problem areas, the evaluation of alternative intervention plans, and the follow-up of the transformation process;
- the strategic evaluation of technology trends and of their impact on corporate policies, products, and services;
- the innovation of highly technological products, the optimization of existing products, and the development of pre-industrial prototypes;
- the creation of project management and engineering procedures in highly technological contexts;
- the development of models for the characterization of industrial products and processes;
- the investigation of new technologies in software, telecommunications, systems and control, and electronics;
- the assessment of the organizational and business implications of ICT.
Consulting contracts, as well as research contracts, provide a flexible means for responding to the requirements of companies and organizations aiming at innovating their business and operations with the help of the most modern ICT tools.
For information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org