Activities of the lab concern the typical topics of the Information Systems area: from the planning and design phase to the implementation phase. ISOLab provides access to several Cloud platforms and specific softwares (e.g., scientific simulations) to support the study of several research themes, such as:
- Design and implementation of business processes integrated with the, so called, Internet of Things.
- Development of approaches for energy saving in infrastructures supporting Information Systems (e.g., data centers) and buildings.
- Cost evaluation of alternative technical solutions addressed with reference to various classes of technology (hw, sw, networks), or specific technical solutions (for example, application-oriented networking or social media).
- Risk detection and management in “smart environments” adopting adaptive security and privacy techniques.
- Simulation of preventive actions for risk reduction in industrial and work environments using sensors which behaviour is simulated using web applications and Matlab.
Further information on research activities is available at http://isgroup.deib.polimi.it.